5 TIPS TO PICK A WINE FOR A date
Dating might already be a stressful one.
If we have to pick a wine on top… tough!
Let me give you a few tips to ease the situation and pick your perfect bottle of wine for your next date!
1/ Grab information on your date
Grab as much information on the person’s taste, lifestyle…for example:
- If your date is vegan, then you can pick a vegan wine.
- If your date is adventurous, try some unknown wine or country, surprise her/him!
And yes wine can be chosen by women as men!
2/ Food pairing
Are you going to eat meat, fish & seafood, spicy food, desserts?
- Pair wine accordingly (more info coming soon).
- If you have a mix of meat-fish and one and only wine to choose , often a light red wine is slight acidity is a good balance.
3/ Wine list
Avoid second cheapest wine on the list. Often the highest margin wine of the restaurant and often not the best…
This is common sense but picking the cheapest one (unless you are sure of the wine) will not pleased your date.
She/He will think you are not really estimating herself/himself…
Don’t hesitate to ask advices to the sommelier if any.
Ask them what thy suggest about the food pairing.
You can also come in advance to order if you feel more comfortable about.
Don’t hesitate to challenge and ask her/him WHY?
5/ Wine suggestions
- Bubbles: sparkling wine always makes its effect, it has a romantic connotation. Rose sparkling is also appreciated.
- 🍷 Red wine: pick something not too strong intensity wise. Choose a one fruity & easy to drink. For example, Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon grape based wine.
- If you want to go with white wine, pick also something fruity and soft. For example, Chardonnay or Viognier grape based wine.
Don’t forget to make yourself happy, pick a wine you also like and enjoy!
GET YOUR FREE
WINE TASTING GUIDE
By signing up, you will receive wine news and tips to time that I believe will bring you value in your wine journey. Unsubscribe anytime.